What is the Social Club?
For far too long, powerlifting banquets have been dull and uneventful. Athletes train hard all year for Nationals, and yet the celebration for such an achievement has historically gone unrecognized. Thus, the Social Club was born by Kelly Branton and Avi Silverberg. The goal: to bring together athletes from coast-to-coast and always end Nationals with an epic after party. Everyone participating at the National Championships is welcome to be part of the Social Club.
The Social Club Awards
From having the most epic grind to being the most valuable volunteer, there will be several fun awards to be claimed throughout the Championship week. Unlike the Best Lifter awards based on Wilks, which are out of reach for most, the Social Club awards can be won by anyone.
How to Enter
- Take a picture or video related to the award
- Post to Instagram
- Mention the award you're entering
- Hashtag #SocialClub2018
- Tag Kelly and myself -- @great_white_north_juggernaut @everydayavi
- Winners will receive a traditional white cowboy hat
- Runner-ups will receive a cowboy hat pin (still cool)
Things to Note
- Each award above will have a male and female category.
- The awards will be given out at the after-party (following the banquet).
- You must be respectful when entering these awards. Nothing weird or illegal.
- You can start entering the week of Nationals (Feb 18). Entries will be taken until the eve of the Social Club (Feb 24).
- This is simply for fun. The purpose of this is to create a sense of community outside the competition platform.
- Since you can now follow hashtags on IG, you should consider following #SocialClub2018. Show some support and like/comment/follow those who enter.